Less than a week remains for interested candidates to register for the ballot in upcoming elections for cities, schools and emergency districts. The deadline is Tuesday, Dec. 28 to file as a …
Less than a week remains for interested candidates to register for the ballot in upcoming elections for cities, schools and emergency districts. The deadline is Tuesday, Dec. 28 to file as a candidate in April municipal elections.
A few more contenders have been making their way into races over the last week, setting up competitions for several offices, particularly local school boards. However, some other important elections remain uncontested with only one candidate.
Three more people have jumped into the ring for what looks to be a major tussle over three seats on the Warren County R-III School Board. Newcomers Megan Lett and Sarah Marcellino are the fourth and fifth people to add themselves to the ballot for two seats on the board that have three-year terms. And a third seat with a shortened one-year term now has former educator Rich Barton as a contender.
At the south end of Warren County, the Marthasville Board of Aldermen now has one candidate for each of three open seats. Incumbent East Ward Alderman Nick Lange filed for re-election, while resident Gary Dixon filed to fill a one-year vacancy left by the departure of Alderman Dan Grafrath.
To register as an election candidate, contact the clerk of the board you wish to run for. Ambulance district candidates must contact the Warren County Clerk’s Office.
Below are upcoming elections in Warren County and the current candidates for office:
• Ward 1 — Jack Crump (incumbent)
• Ward 2 — Scott Schulze (incumbent)
• Ward 3 — Gary Miller, Nicholas Sperlo. Incumbent Bob Delaloye has not filed as a candidate.
• Two seats, three-year term — Sarah Janes (incumbent), Ginger Schenk (incumbent), Carolyn Spraggs, Megan Lett, Sarah Marcellino
• One seat, one-year term — Rachel Besselman, Rich Barton
• Subdistrict 3 — Jill Smoot (incumbent)
• Subdistrict 6 — Merlyn Petersmeyer (incumbent), Malissa Booth
• Northern District — Jamie Salvator (incumbent)
• Southern District — Clay Lively
• ‘At large’ seat — None. Incumbent Matt Eskew has not filed.
• Ward 1 — Karey Owens (incumbent)
• Ward 2 — Ramiz Hakim (incumbent)
• Mayor — Michelle Heiliger (incumbent)
• Two seats — Austin Jones (incumbent), Mary Groeper (incumbent), Elizabeth (Beth) Dean, Frank Zykan, Isaac Ovchinikov
• Two seats, six-year term — Michelle Heiliger (incumbent), Chris Kellner (incumbent)
• One seat, two-year term — None
• West Ward — Chris DeVore (incumbent)
• East Ward, two-year term — Nick Lange (incumbent)
• East Ward, one-year term — Gary Dixon
• One seat — Carl Brewe (incumbent).
• Subdistrict 3 — Gregory Cooper (incumbent)
• Subdistrict 6 — Amanda Meyer
• Two seats — Mike Thomas (incumbent), Kelly Riehl, Joe Brooks (incumbent)
• Two seats — Donna West (incumbent), Ted Sator (incumbent)
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here