By Tim SchmidtRecord Managing EditorTwo house fires were reported four hours apart and kept Warrenton and Wright City firefighters busy Saturday afternoon.A home located in the Innsbrook Resort gated community was determined to be a complete loss, while a second fire earlier in the day significantly damaged a mobile home south of Warrenton. The cause of both fires was believed to be electrical in nature, officials said.An overheated battery charger may have been the cause of the residential blaze on Blue Heron Drive, Wright City Fire Chief Ron MacKnight said. Neighbors reported seeing smoke and called 911 to report the fire at 5:27 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived 13 minutes later, the home was fully engulfed.MacKnight said the battery charger was connected to a golf cart in the garage. The fire quickly spread to a deck and then the structure.Wright City was joined by fire crews from Warrenton and Wentzville. Firefighters remained at the property for around 3 ½ hours.No injuries were reported. MacKnight said the home’s lone occupant was walking a dog when the blaze was reported.Earlier in the afternoon, crews from Warrenton and Wright City responded to a mobile home fire at 1:20 p.m. in the 2000 block of North Carol Drive. Warrenton Fire Chief Mike Owenby reported the fire started in the area of the water heater, but was quickly extinguished.Two people were in the home at the time of the incident and safely escaped. The home sustained water and smoke damage, Owenby said.Firefighters were on the scene for around 2 ½ hours.
Firefighters responded to a residential fire Saturday, May 2, on Blue Heron Drive in Innsbrook.