The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) this month announced that its plans for the next several years include more than $8 million in spending for projects in Warren County.
MoDOT recently released its 2020-2024 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program, a five-year plan of roadwork and other transportation-related projects around the state. The plan includes details on when engineering and construction will begin for projects, and what the forecasted cost for those projects will be.
The beginning dates of engineering and construction for the projects are identified by fiscal year, which for MoDOT begins in July (so “fiscal year 2019” is July 2019 through June 2020). Below are the local road construction projects planned by MoDOT over the next five years.
• Pavement improvements on Highway 47, from Hawk Point to Interstate 70 in Warrenton. Main engineering and construction in fiscal year 2022. Estimated cost: $1.1 million.
• Pavement resurfacing on Highway A, from Truxton to I-70. Main engineering and construction in fiscal year 2021. Estimated cost: $980,000.
• Pavement resurfacing on Highway 94 from Highway 19 in Montgomery County to the Highway 47 junction in Marthasville. Main engineering and construction in fiscal year 2019. Estimated cost: $1.8 million.
• Pavement improvements on South Highway 47, starting near Highway M/MM in Warrenton and going south to the Missouri River bridge. Main engineering and construction in fiscal year 2022. Estimated cost: $2.8 million.
• Pavement preservation treatment on Highway TT, from Highway 94 in Dutzow to Highway T in St. Charles County. Main engineering and construction in fiscal year 2021. Estimated cost: $102,000.
MoDOT also has a payment scheduled for work being contracted by the city of Warrenton. MoDOT is contributing more than $1.3 million for construction of sidewalks along North Highway 47, from the I-70 North Outer Road to Hickory Lick Road.
Two projects in Warren County are being “scoped,” meaning MoDOT is considering the need for future work but has not committed to any improvements.
The first project being evaluated is potential improvements to Highway 47 between Dutzow and Washington, where the road is prone to flooding due to its low elevation and proximity to the Missouri River. The other potential project is sidewalk upgrades being considered in Warrenton, as well as along Highway J and the I-70 North Outer Road in Wright City.